Are you stretched to find writing time?
Do you feel there aren’t enough hours in the day to justify working on your blog, freelance assignment, or novel?
We all sometimes feel time’s not on our sides, but the good news is there are a number of writing (or writing-related) tasks you can accomplish in just ten minutes.
So, next time you decide you’re stuck, try one of the following:
- Compose a poem
- Write a short blog post
- Outline a longer blog post
- Proofread an article
- Write an introduction
- Brainstorm a list of ideas for a writing project
- Write a scene of dialogue for your novel
- Read an article or two on the craft of writing
- Write down an eavesdropped conversation as you hear it
- Clip five pictures for a visual inspiration file
- Free-write for ten minutes
- Set your goals for the week or month
While you can’t accomplish a great amount of writing in such a short time, you can keep your muse alive and plan ahead for when you can snatch a longer session.
Need more proof you don’t need long to get yourself writing?
I wrote this post in ten minutes.
How many more ten-minute writing tasks can you think of?
Today’s Challenge: When you have ten minutes to spare today, use it for a writing task instead of flipping on the TV or checking your Facebook account.
About the Author: Suzannah Windsor Freeman is the founder of Write It Sideways, a blog where writers learn new skills, define their goals, and increase their productivity. She is co-founder of the Better Writing Habits challenge.